Florida Grand Opera is in the process re-inventing itself with a new direction of staging exciting productions, engaging world-class singers, and mounting thought-provoking repertoire, while being responsive to our diverse community. As part of our new vision for the future, we are looking for an excellent, aggressive, career-minded professional for the position of Box Office Associate.
This position is accountable for assisting patrons with all ticketing needs. Representative must be able to produce positive results in an atmosphere that represents exemplary customer service.
- Interacting with current and potential customers either by phone, email, fax, mail, or in person.
- Our goal is to treat our customers as we would like to be treated ourselves, if the roles were reversed.
- Answering incoming telephone calls. Calls mostly come from current and potential customers and should be handled in a knowledgeable, helpful and professional manner.
- Making outbound calls to current and potential customers typically related to purchasing tickets.
- Stuffing and mailing of invoices, renewals, tickets, etc. as needed.
- Packaging and delivery of subscription and single performance tickets.
- Assistance with varying special projects may be requested by supervisor.
- Representative will be required to work performances at the Arsht Center in Miami and/or the Broward Center in Fort Lauderdale including other FGO events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Strong organizational, telephone, and interpersonal communication skills. Professional demeanor, flexibility, detail oriented and able to respond to
- multiple demands. Must be able to work a varied schedule including nights/weekends. Bilingual
- (English/Spanish) a plus.
Compensation: $11 an hour
To apply: Please send cover letter, résumé and salary requirements to email@example.com and use subject line: Box Office Representative. No phone calls please. EOE