Historic Hampton House Community Trust, Inc.
4240 NW 27th Avenue
Miami, FL, United States
Miami, FL, United States
Summary: The Bookkeeper is responsible for maintaining all HHHCT financial records, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, monthly balancing of accounts, deposits, and preparing accurate financial records using Quickbooks accounting system, and other clerical work as needed.
Reports to: HHHCT executive team
- Using Quickbooks prepares monthly non-profit Financial Statements for President and Board of Trustees review.
- Maintains accurate financial records for multiple grants simultaneously. Oversees grant project budgets assuring they align with grant contract. Creates invoices to granting agencies.
- Maintains records of memberships, donations, both cash and in-kind.
- Annually organizes financial records for use by CPA in non-profit tax preparation.
- Prepares and maintains payroll records in a timely and accurate manner.
- Organizes all financial records accurately for review.
- Prepares the required reports and budgets for Board of Director’s meetings.
- Works with HHHCT leadership to draft the annual budget.
- Uses Microsoft Office to create and update forms, individualized form letters, and spreadsheets.
- Organizes and maintains museum contracts.
- May be required to work on occasional weekends and evenings in support of special events, handling and organizing financial transactions.
- Works courteously and effectively with public, vendors, supervisor, and other employees, both in person and over the telephone; assisting them with a wide variety of information pertaining to HHHCT.
- Assists with additional organizational record keeping and clerical work as needed
- Associate's degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience as well as a strong understanding of accounting principles and bookkeeping procedures for non-profits.
- Experience working with grants, accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, payroll, and payroll reports.
- Experience with data entry, record keeping, and computer operations.
- Experience in services related to payroll such as writing checks and submitting payroll taxes.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel, and QuickBooks.
- Communicates clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing, such as routine correspondence and reports.
- Satisfactory qualities of personality and character and ability to work with others for the good of the institution.
- Florida driver’s license.
- Potential for significant achievement and growth.
To apply: Send as PDF files (1) cover letter, (2) resume, and (3) names, telephone numbers and emails of three references to: email@example.com
*This is a grant-funded position with committed funding for one (1) year.
Position is open until filled.