ABOUT FLORIDA GRAND OPERA:
Florida Grand Opera (FGO) is the nation’s 7th
oldest opera company. It was created by the successful merger of the Greater Miami Opera (1941) and the Opera Guild Inc. of Ft. Lauderdale (1946) and celebrates its 77th
consecutive season in 2017-18. FGO currently produces a main-stage season of four operas in Miami and Ft. Lauderdale. It is a Resident Company of the Ziff Ballet Opera House at the Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts. The company also performs at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts.
The Promotions Intern can expect to be introduced to all facets of performing arts promotions including, but not limited to: promotional activations/events, promotional brainstorming and season planning, on-site asset management, and cross-promotional research and outreach.
The Promotions Intern assists the Director of Marketing with the following projects:
- Keep inventory of promotional materials
- Manage on-site promotional assets
- Participate in season planning and brainstorming sessions
- Assist on special projects and event planning
- Junior or senior status, pursuing a degree in Marketing, Event Planning or related field.
- Extremely organized, acute attention to detail
- Outgoing personality
- Proficient in Microsoft office (Word/Excel/Powerpoint)
- Proficient in excel is a plus (formulas and chart building)
- Minimum 16 hours of availability per week between 8:30 am and 5:30 pm
- Available on nights and weekends (during season)
- Individual must have a valid U.S. driver’s license, reliable transportation be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
- This is an unpaid internship that may be taken for credit, check with your school’s academic advisor.