ABOUT FLORIDA GRAND OPERA:
Florida Grand Opera (FGO) is the nation’s 7th oldest opera company. It was created by the successful merger of the Greater Miami Opera (1941) and the Opera Guild Inc. of Ft. Lauderdale (1946) and celebrates its 77th consecutive season in 2017-18. FGO currently produces a main-stage season of four operas in Miami and Ft. Lauderdale. It is a Resident Company of the Ziff Ballet Opera House at the Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts. The company also performs at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts.
The Graphic & Web Design Intern will have the opportunity to build their portfolios with a wide variety of projects, working alongside our experience in-house Creative Services Manager and Marketing Team.
Design Interns support our in-house team in the creation and revisions of these projects:
- Flyers, Rack cards
- Retractable banners
- Show ads
- Business cards
- Web banners
- Eblast graphics
- Homepage tiles
- Video editing
- Social Media Ads
- Junior or senior status, pursuing a degree in Graphic Design, Web Design or related Proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign, Quarkexpress, as well as Microsoft Office.
- Strong web design and HTML/CSS skills are a plus
- Proficient in excel is a plus (formulas and chart building)
- Minimum 16 hours of availability per week between 8:30 am an d 5:30 pm
- This is an unpaid internship that may be taken for credit, check with your school’s academic advisor.