Florida Grand Opera has been re-inventing itself for the past several years, with a new direction of staging exciting productions, engaging world-class singers, and mounting thought-provoking repertoire, while being responsive to the exhilarating and diverse communities of South Florida. As part of our new vision for the future, we are looking for a detail-oriented, dynamic fundraiser to be a part of the Development team. Ideal candidates will be self-directed, organized, and able to create meaningful donor relationships with an ability to ask and close gifts.
Position: Individual Giving Officer
Reports to: Development Director/General Director & CEO
Works Closely with: The Development and Marketing TeamsGeneral Description:
The Individual Giving Officer (IGO) works with the Director of Development and the General Director to establish the development of strategies and provides professional management of individual donors. IGO works with members of the Development and Marketing Departments to maintain existing patron and donor base while developing successful acquisition strategies designed to introduce new donors to Florida Grand Opera.Individual Giving Responsibilities:
Hours of Work:
- Achieve the budgeted goals for contributed income through gifts from individuals, including new and renewed gifts from members of the Opera’s various constituencies, as well as family foundations and the general public.
- Support and partner with the Director of Development, General Director, and board members on all individual giving fundraising initiatives.
- Actively work with the DOD and senior staff to develop and implement a comprehensive individual giving strategy.
- Monitor all donor information; provide and present statistical analysis to board and senior leaders.
- Develop and implement a stewardship program aimed at cultivating deeper ties with donors
- Oversee and help implement delivery of Donor Benefits with the Development Associate
- Articulates the needs and vision of the organization, as well as the donor benefits and levels through written and verbal communications.
- Devises and executes various fundraising initiatives throughout the calendar year aimed at meeting goals for the securing of gifts and for stewarding donors to higher gift levels for the campaign.
- Work with members of the Development Department on prospect research. Utilize research to rank prospects.
- Gathering of group lists to position for future annual fund raising campaign.
- Develops a moves management process for the IGO’s individual portfolio.
- Face to Face solicitation of contributions
- Work with the marketing department to ensure that solicitations are messaged properly through marketing materials.
- Work with the box office and calls center to ensure that their messaging is consistent with the Development Department.
- Document all meetings, conversations, and outcomes from solicitation visits and calls in Tesssitura.
- Other duties as assigned.
Full-time, required to attend breakfast, dinners, lunches, and all events and be present at the theater for all Opera Performances. All members of the Development Team actively participate in the cultivation and stewardship of our patrons at each performance. Vacation is not granted during these periods.Required Skills:
- Minimum of 3 years working in fund raising, sales, and/or related experience.
- Must be able to ask and close gifts and have a proven track record.
- Arts organization/not for profit experience preferred; opera knowledge a plus.
- Must multi-task, be well organized, think creatively, and work well with volunteers and allow them to take the lead.
- Grace under pressure is key.
- Proficiency with Tessitura or similar software preferred.
- Knowledge of WordFly a plus.
- Highly organized and well versed in office procedures and systems.
- Excellent phone, written, and oral communication skills.
- Outstanding organization skills, including managing multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Self-motivated and able to work with independently once objectives and tasks have been determined.
- Works well as part of a team.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office products such as Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Work the requisite hours to assure the accomplishment of the position. This is not a 9 to 5 position. If you are unable or unwilling to work outside of these hours, please do not submit your materials.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee may be required to stop, reach, stand, walk, lift, pull, push, grasp, communicate, and use repetitive motions.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee may be required to lift and or move 20 pounds of materials.
- The position requires the individual to meet multiple demands from multiple people and interact with the public and other staff.
Competitive benefits and salary. EOE