We are looking for a dynamic professional to take on the role of Housing Supervisor at the Miami City Ballet School. Reporting directly to the Director of School Administration and the School Programs and International Relations Manager, this is a full-time position residing at the MCB School dormitories. Responsibilities include:
- Maintain student database including student contact information, parent/guardian contact information, medical forms, and disciplinary records.
- Assist with creating roommate assignments for the Summer Intensive and Year-Round programs.
- Communicate on a daily basis with the School Office with regard to student absences, illnesses and other pertinent student information.
- Ensure that students are on time for class, rehearsals and performances, and communicate any schedule changes to students as needed.
- Participate in the development and revision of housing policies, ensuring that these procedures are followed at all times.
- Collaborate with School Programs Manager on building and maintaining relationships with building staff, academic partners and vendors.
- Communicate with parents via phone and email with regard to student housing and academics.
- Communicate frequently with property managers and staff regarding maintenance issues.
- Ensure the health, safety and welfare of all students residing at the dormitories.
- Establish an appropriate relationship with students in an effort to facilitate community-building, and with sensitivity to each student as a unique individual with specific strengths and challenges.
- Provide guidance and support to dancers, helping them adjust to life as Pre-Professional students at MCB School.
- Model and practice respectful communication and principles of MCBS; help to maintain an environment where residents do the same.
- Work with students and parents to monitor academic progress.
- Monitor cleanliness of rooms and conduct weekly inspections.
- Maintain curfew and conduct nightly room checks and regular impromptu after-curfew room checks.
- Check on students who are ill, monitor that students are following medical advice and use best judgement to determine whether students will need further medical assistance.
- Assist with setting up appointments and contacting medical insurance companies.
- Accompany and provide transportation for students to and from medical appointments.
- Develop and coordinate creative events that promote student engagement and wellness.
- Supervise any field trips as needed.
- Must be available on-call to assist in a student emergency.