About AileyCamp Miami 2017
June 26 – August 5, 2017
A six-week summer day camp where middle school students are “turned on” to dance and come to respect the discipline of dance as a physical activity that requires athletic ability comparable to skills demanded by any sport. Also, campers will increase their leadership skills and enjoy a variety of social activities. AileyCamp Miami is an innovative summer program designed to use dance as a vehicle for developing self-esteem, self-discipline, creative expression and critical thinking skills. It does not serve as a training ground for professional dancers, but rather serves as a platform for self-growth. AileyCamp Miami serves Miami-Dade County Public Middle School students currently enrolled in 6th
grade ages 11 to 14.Group Leader
The Group Leaders will demonstrate and help campers learn dance steps and assist them with activities in other classes. Group leaders are responsible for a group of approx. 25 campers, accompanying them to and from classes and meals, and providing support throughout the day.
- Five-day work week – Monday through Friday 7:55 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Bus monitoring duties requires beginning earlier and finishing later than the regularly scheduled times.
- Accompany AileyCampers to all classes, providing oversight of campers as well as individual attention and guidance.
- Participate and oversee campers as directed on weekly field trips.
- Participate in the general oversight of the campers, including breakfast duty, and camper free periods.
- Participate in all AileyCamp Miami staff meetings.
- Monitor campers’ behavior and act as a liaison between campers, faculty members, and AileyCamp Director.
- Aid instructors during classes and rehearsals as determined by class instructor and Director.
- Report individual campers’ needs to Personal Development Instructor, Camp Counselor and the Director.
- Aid instructors in producing camper progress evaluations at midterm and the end of camp.
- Participate in and provide support wherever needed for the final camp presentation.
- Assist in choreographing a dance piece with all campers for the Final Performance
- Voluntarily participate in the background checks required for employment including but not limited to federal and sex offender checks and finger printing
- Attend a mandatory 3-day staff orientation on June 21, 22, and 23.
- Other duties as necessary.