The Technical Supervisor position is responsible for the technical operation of the Pompano Beach Amphitheatre and Cultural Center, including the operation of in-house lighting, sound and A/V equipment, interfacing tour and rental equipment with building systems and coordinating necessary maintenance.
This position will begin as a part-time, event-based position in April 2017 with the opportunity to transition into a full-time position with benefits Fall 2017 based on employee performance review.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Reports to: General Manager, Amphitheater and Cultural Center
- Operate, maintain and safeguard the technical assets of the Cultural Center and Amphitheater, including supervising the use of lighting, sound, A/V and communications equipment, and the use and maintenance of stage facilities.
- Determine the necessary technical supports, such as lighting, sound, staging, A/V and special needs necessary for events and performances presented at the facility in advance of production dates from technical riders, in-person meetings, phone calls or email.
- Assist in recruiting, training, assignment and supervision of volunteer or paid technical staff for individual shows.
- Orient facility renters and visiting productions to safety, technical characteristics and other areas of facility operations; facilitate the use of the technical facilities by the resident companies and others engaged by or renting the facility.
- Monitor the condition of equipment including lighting, sound, and rigging equipment; arrange for the repair and replacement within budgetary constraints; perform preventive maintenance on equipment.
- Assist with the preparation and control of production budgets; maintain inventory and order specialized supplies.
- Interact with resident companies, renters and self-presented event promoters in a helpful and friendly manner that represents the Creatives in a positive way at all times.