The Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts of Miami-Dade County is seeking an experienced, skilled, and highly motivated Head Audio Video Technician for Carnival Studio Theater to support the Director, Production.Basic Function
Reporting to the Director, Production, the Head Audio Video Technician will supervise the load-in, set up, running and load-out of all Carnival Studio Theater stage productions. Work with the Production department in discussing the daily schedule to determine safest and most efficient use of crew and resources. The position requires managerial skills to lead, oversee and work as a team with all employees and users of the Center. Responsibilities
- Set-up and run audio for all performances and events
- Create sound concepts for in house performances and events
- Assist with supervision of all technical aspects of mounting productions and events
- Supervise and run crews for load-ins, load-outs and runs.
- Adhere to and enforce all IATSE Local 500 regulations
- Work with Production department reviewing technical riders and schedules
- Keep accurate records and organization of sound inventory
- Perform routine maintenance of all audio equipment and systems
- Prepare and process forms for equipment repairs, and procurement
- Set-up and run house video equipment when a Video Head is not assigned.
- Act as Audio Head as needed in ancillary spaces through out the arts center.
- Responsible for properly securing audio equipment and related tools
- Keep Audio department in working order, well organized and stocked
- Coordinate inspections, repairs, and maintenance of audio equipment and systems
- Maintain safe working conditions
- Have a professional demeanor at all times