The Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts of Miami-Dade County is seeking an experienced, skilled, and highly motivated Network Administrator to support the Assistant Vice President, Information Technology.Basic Function
With limited supervision, responsible for the installation and support of enterprise LAN and IT security systems and related equipment in an
environment requiring 24 x 7 uptime. Demonstrate excellent service and decision-making ability in the support of IT Infrastructure and Operations. Promote and demonstrate an attitude of teamwork and cooperation. Conduct the installation of new software/firmware releases, system upgrades, evaluation and installation of patches and resolution of IT security related problems. Assists in the development and design of effective network and IT security strategy. Responsibilities include supporting technologies that include: network monitoring (L2, L3 & L7), network diagnostic utilities, stateful packet inspection, access control (user & packet), switch and router configuration/management.
Additionally, this position will share end user help desk responsibilities across all IT disciplines. In support of the Center’s events and performances, occasional but regular night and weekend on site work is required.Responsibilities
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangibles or complex data relationships. Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Performs daily administration of network and security systems to prevent outage and plans for optimized system resource utilization. Maintains integrity and reliability of systems and services through the adherence to procedures and standards. Supports standards and practices with technical and business personal as needed. Conducts capacity planning analysis strategies as appropriate.
- Assists in the development and implementation of standards for system/network maintenance and configuration. Automates routine maintenance tasks as appropriate.
- Working with the Systems Administrator, provides network infrastructure support for the Center’s server and application environment
- Provides network/systems related assistance to other departments as needed. Assignments are of a complex nature requiring technical knowledge and experience to develop and implement unique solutions
- Support all switches, routers and wireless access in a multi-tenant campus configuration.
- Monitor and maintain network health using HPE iMC, Aruba AirWave and other tools
- Monitor and maintain network logging and reporting with SIEM tools
- Monitor and maintain VPN user access
- Provide end-user support, which requires competencies in all end-user support roles.
- Assists in training and sharing knowledge with other Team members and Help Desk staff, both face-to-face and by means of creating knowledge-based documentation.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.