The Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts of Miami-Dade County is seeking an experienced, skilled, and highly motivated Director, Programming to support the Senior Director, Programming.
The Director, Programming is responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive and coherent program of popular presentations for the Center. This may include but not be limited to genres such as rock and roll, popular music, jazz, film and comedy including Hispanic and Latin genres. Such programming may take the form of regular series and/or annual patterns of presentation, recurrent or “one-off” festivals and occasional single events and may extend to the creative use of electronic media and other emerging technologies. Ongoing liaison with other major performing arts centers, artist managements and commercial and not-for-profit partners will be a key aspect of this position. Throughout, the Director, Programming will be expected to identify suitable product, develop and manage supporting budgets and facilitate selected shows from contract negotiation through settlement, as well as artist and production coordination and final presentation.
- Work with the Vice President, Programming and Senior Director, Programming to create diverse programs for the Center that are in fulfillment of its mission and are financially sustainable and guide the long range strategic development of Center’s mix of artistic programs in a diverse patron environment with programs that include but are not limited to rock and roll, popular music, jazz, film and comedy including Hispanic and Latin genres; either self-produced by the Center, produced in consortia, or produced by another organization at the Center;
- Negotiate contracts for presentations with creative teams, agents, et al
- Direct, oversee producing and programming budgets;
- Strengthen the institutional positioning of the Center in the South Florida region, nationally, and internationally; developing the reputation of the Center within the arts and wider communities, producing and presenting organizations and creative talent
- Work with the entire Programming Department on presentations as well as other pertinent departments.
- Performs related and other duties as assigned by the Vice President, Programming and Senior Director, Programming.